Can U Do this Test?

 


A. Look at this example:

I am tired.  ... He is tired. 

1. I am busy. ... 

2. I am learning English. ... 

3. I have a new book.  ... 

4. I live in the country.  ... 

5. I shall see you tomorrow.  ... 

6. I can understand you.  ... 

7. I must write a letter.  ... 

8. I may come next week.  ... 

9. I do a lot of work every day.  ... 

10. I did a lot of work yesterday.  .... 

11. I played football yesterday.  ... 

12. I bought a new coat last week.  ... 

13. I have had a letter from Tom.  ... 

14. I was busy this morning.  ... 

15. I could play football very well when I was younger. ... 

16. I always try to get up early. ... 

17. I might see you next week. ... 

18. I always enjoy a good film. ... 

19. I had finished my work before you came. ... 

20. I watch television every night. ... 

Put in a, some or any. 

1. There are... books on the desk. 

2. I think... glass of beer. 

3. Do you want... butter? 

4. There aren't... people in the street. 

5. Tom has just bought... new car. 

6. We have... apple trees in our garden. 

7. Can I have... bar og chocolate, please? 

8. There isn't... bread in that tin. 

9. Is there...  ink in that bottle? 

10. Are there... eggs in that basket? 

C. Look at these examples. 

I haven't any eggs. ... I haven't got many eggs. 

He hasn't any coffee. ... He hadn't hot much coffee. 

Do ggese jn the same way. 

1. I haven't any butter. ... 

2. You haven't any cigarrettes. ... 

3. We haven't any milk. ... 

4. She hasn't any biscuits. ... 

5. They haven't any stationery. ... 

D. Look at this example. 

She goes to town every day. 

She went to town yesterday. 

1. He buys a new car every year. ... 

2. She airs the room every day. ... 

3. He often loses his pen. ... 

4. He always listens to the news. ... 

5. She empties this basket every day. ... 

E. Look at these examples. 

(+) He went to the cinema yesterday. 

(-)  He didn't go to the cinema yesterday. 

(Y/N) Did he to the cinema yesterday? 

(Where) Where did he go yesterday? 

1. He bought a new car. 

(-) ... 

(Y/N) ... 

( What) ... 

2. She can come tomorrow. 

(-) ... 

(Y) N) ... 

(When) ... 

3. They were here yesterday. 

(-) ... 

(Y/N) ... 

(When) ... 

4. He must leave early. 

(-) ... 

(Y/N) ... 

(Why) ... 

5. He gave you a pen. 

(-) ... 

(Y/N) ... 

(What) ... 

6. He lives next door. 

(-) ... 

(Y/N) .. 

(Where) ... 

7. You know him well. 

(-) ... 

(Y/N).. 

(How well) .. 

8. He has found his pen. 

(-) ... 

(Y/N) ... 

(What) ... 

9. You saw that film. 

(-) ... 

(Y/N) .. 

(When) ... 

10. He artived at two o'clock. 

(-) ... 

(Y/N) ... 

(When) ... 

F. Look at the example. 

She sniled... (pleasant). She smiled pleasantly. 

1. He read the phrase... (slow) 

2. He worked... (lazy) 

3. He cut himself... (bad) 

4. He worked... (careful) 

5. The door opened... (sudden) 

G. Look at this example. 

It will rain tommorow. It'll rain tommorow. 

Write these sentences again. Use short forms. 

1. He will artive tommorow morning. 

2. She will come this evening. 

3. I shall see you the day after tomorrow. 

4. He will not believe me. 

5. We shall not remain here. 

H. Look at this example. 

This dress belongs to my duster. It is hers. 

Do these in the same way 

1. These things belong to my husband. They are...

2. This coat belong to me. It is...

3. These shoes belong to my wife. They are... 

4. These pens belong to Tom and Betty. The pens are... 

5. This suitxase belongs to you. It is... 

Look at this example. 

It is warn today but it was warner yesterday. 

Do these in the same way:

1. It is cool today but it was... yesterday. 

2. It is wet today but it was... yesterday. 

3. He's late again today but he was... yesterday. 

4. This test in easy but that one is... 

5. This book is expensive but that one is... 

6. This bookxase is large but that one is... 

7. That film was interesting but the other one was... 

8. Betty is oretty but Jane is... 

9. Miss Green is beautiful but Miss White is... 

10. Tom is intelligent but Bill is... 

J. Put in the right word or phrase: yesterday, last night, tomorrow, etc 

The date today is Monday, March 5th.

1. I saw him... (Sunday, March 4th) 

2. I shall see him... (Tuesday, March 6th) 

3. I shall see him... (Monday, March 5th) 

4. I shall see him... (Monday, March 5th-afternoon) 

5. I shall see him... (Wednesday, March 7th) 

6. I saw him... (Saturday, March 3rd) 

7. I saw him.... (Sunday, March 4th-night) 

8. I shall see him... (Thuesday, March 6th-morning) 

9. I shall see him... (Monday, March 5th-morning) 

10. I saw him... (Sunday, March 4th-afternoon) 

K. Put in at, in, or on. 

1. He is going to telephone... five o'clock. 

2. My birthday is... May 21st.

3. It is always cold... February. 

4. My father was three... 1942.

5.  He us going to arrive... Tuesday.

L. Put in across, over, between, off, along, in, on, into, out of, or under: 

1. The aeroplane is flying... the village. 

2. The ship us going... the bridge. 

3. The boy is swimming... the river. 

4. Two cats are running... the wall. 

5. My books are... the shelf. 

6. The bottle of milk is... the refrigerator. 

7. The boy is jumping... the tree. 

8. Mary is sitting... her mother and her father. 

9. It is 9 o'clock. The children are going... class. 

10. It is 4 o'clock. The children are coming... class. 

M. Put in Who or Which:

1. ... hat did you buy? 

2. ... broke this plate? 

3. ... bus did you catch? 

4. ... is knocking at the door? 

5. ... of the two books do you want? 

N. Look at those example:

She is the girl. She met me yesterday. 

She is the girl who met me yesterday. 

She is the girl. I met her yesterday. 

She is the girl whom I met yesterday. 

This is the book. I bought it yesterday. 

This is the book which I bought yesterday. 

Join these sentences in the same way. Use who, whom, or which. 

1. This is the car. The mechanic repaired it yesterday. 

2. He is the man. I invited him to the party. 

3. There are the things. I bought them yesterday. 

4. He is the man. He came here last week. 

5. He is the police man. He caught the thieves. 

6. She is the nurse. She looked after me. 

7. She is the wonan. I met her yesterday. 

8. I am the person. I wrote to you. 

9. They are the people. I saw them yesterday. 

10. They are the trees. We cut them down yesterday. 

O. Look at this example:

I can see some cups but I can't see any glasses. 

1. I can see some spoons but I can't see any... (knife) 

2. I can see some hammers but I can't see any... (box) 

3. I can see some cupboards but I can't see any... (shelf) 

4. I can see Mr. Jones and Mr. Brown but I can't see their... (wife) 

5. I can see some cups but I can't see any... (dish) 

F. Read this story carefully. 

Last week, I took my four-year-old daughter, Sally, to a children's party. We travelled by train. Sally has never teavelled by teain before. She sat near the window and asked opposite Sally. 'Hullo, little girl, ' she said. Sally did not answer but looked at her curiousky. The lady took out her powder compact. She then began to make up her face. 

"Why are you doing that? " Sally asked. 

"To make myself beautifuk, "the lady answered. She out away her compact and smiled kindly 

" But you are stikl ugly, " Sally said. 

Now write anawers to tgese questions:

1. Did you take Sally to the park? 

2. Did you take Sally to children's party? 

3. Where did Sally sit? 

4. Who came into your compartment? 

5. Was the lady young or was she middle-aged? 

6. Where did the lady sit? 

7. Did she say 'Hullo' to Sally, or did Sally say 'Hullo' to her?

8. Why did the lady make up her face? 

9. Dis Sally think the lady was beautiful? 

10. What did Sally say to the lady? 



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Mastering Vocabulary

Climbing the mountain

Memorizing Adjective